Friday, November 2, 2012

The switch witch

I know .. I leave the blog for a year then 2 posts in one night but I had to write about our Halloween :)

Knowing that we were about to embark on a new nutritional journey Nov 1st, I was a little worried about how we were going to be rid of all the candy before hand. I purposefully did not buy candy at all this year, we handed out glow sticks to trick or treaters (it was a big hit). I told W that if he left ALL of his candy in a bowl at the front door that the switch witch would come and trade it all for a cool toy. I let him eat as much as he wanted that night then he left it all for her. He was so happy when he woke up in the morning and got his 'Jake and the never land pirates' treasure chest. He has not asked about the candy or even talked about eating candy :) I should have thought of this years ago when A was younger. Definitely doing this again next year!

I love that he got to experience Halloween with the trick or treating and candy for one night. He helped me hand out the glow sticks and loved seeing all the costumes.

No comments: