Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 11 eating Paleo

The students left today :( I love having them here for the 4 day weekends. We didn't get home until after 7 so by the time I got supper in the oven it was too late to eat it (bonus is that I don't have to make supper tomorrow). 

When we first started with the new foods we knew that Wyatt was really going to miss his pancakes (he loves pancakes). We found a recipe for pumpkin pancakes right away in Practical Paleo and they are delicious and this morning I found a recipe for banana pancakes at fastpaleo.com, Wyatt loved these and had them for breakfast and supper :) 

 banana pancakes

Lunch was a spinach omelette with kale chips (wyatt's choice) he would eat kale chips everyday if I made them for him. 

 Kale chips and spinach omelette 

For supper we had leftovers (omelette, pancakes, carrots) some fruit and some beef jerky. It did the trick :) Tomorrow night we will be having this cumin spiced pork tenderloin with root vegetables. It looks and smells so good! I had a couple bites of the vegetables before I put it in the fridge and I love the flavour in this dish. 
cumin spiced pork tenderloin with root vegetables

Now that the house has calmed down again I have to get back on track with the gym. I am hoping to get there 3 times this week and I need to run this week since I have a 5k on Sunday. 

I am also getting Wyatt's "curriculum" together this week. It is not really structured just some things I would like to work on with him but that will be a different blog post. 

No comments: