Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 2 - Paleo..ish eating

Today was a great day! We had a few situations that I thought W was going to have a problem but he impressed me. We went to the grocery store and he always gets a cookie when we are there, today I told him that we were changing our food and could not get a cookie but I would get him some kiwis and he was absolutely ok with that :) We also had a friend offer some candy and although he was upset at first he did really well with it.

Our meals were yummy today! We had crustless quiche for breakfast, left overs for lunch (from last nights supper), and sage turkey legs, sweet potato pancakes and steamed spinach for supper. we had some dried fruit, home made apple sauce, kiwis, and almonds for snack.


 Crustless quiche with zucchini and carrots :) W loved this so much he had seconds!


 Frying up some sweet potato pancakes in coconut oil.


 Sage roasted turkey legs.


All together for supper :)

This is the 3rd night in a row my 4 yr old ate all his supper! That is a big thing in this house. He is not a picky eater but he just doesn't always eat much. I think the difference is he is not eating all the snacks throughout the day. I still have not tried the avocado but I plan on it tomorrow. I got some great ideas for fun kids food from eat like a dinosaur. I am going to have to send snacks to school with W next week and I am hoping I find something he likes enough that it won't bother him that he can't eat the snacks the other kids are having. 

W's temperament has been better, he had some meltdowns yesterday. I feel great  :) For the first time in a long time I have not had an upset stomach at all and I have had energy all day.

Again I didn't go to the gym today but W and I played outside for a bit and it was chilly!


2 comments:

Crystal said...

I wish you guys the best! My sister has ADD and ADHD, My parents tried the diet change, didn't work for her. They tried prescription drugs for like a month, the change in her personality was not ok!! She was like a zombie. So my parents took her off everything and just dealt with her being hyper/crazy... And you know what... she is one of the most loving, caring and fun person I know now! All people are different though, If W benefits from a diet change... then awesome for your family! If not then dont lose heart!

Kim said...

thank you for your comment. I am starting to think I will benefit the most from it. I have been feeling so good :)