Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 28 paleo

4 weeks!! Wow it has been 28 days! Today was the first day in a while that I felt like I am getting back into a routine. I am getting used to pre prepping meals and using leftovers. I pre pack snacks so they are easy to grab on our way out the door and I am not as nervous now to be out and have no idea what to give Wyatt as a snack.

We made it to the gym again this morning :) Wyatt is ok with not being able to have any of the sugary treats they have in the cafe there, really I think the fact that they have a whole row of candy at the gym is kind of crazy anyway. I have written on a comment card about it more than once since I believe the Y of all places should be promoting healthy living and the 20 varieties of candy is not healthy.

For breakfast we had some bacon and eggs with a banana nut muffin. Lunch was left over jambalaya and chicken sausage with cauli-rice. Supper was beef stir fry with the left over cauli-rice from last night.  I finally got to use the coconut aminos for the sauce. It was so good and I actually liked it better than soya sauce it was a mix of coconut aminos, garlic, ginger and water. The cauli-rice is super easy to make you just shred raw cauliflower ( I use my food processor because it is fast) then fry it in a pan, I put about a tablespoon of coconut rice in the pan first. Cook until tender (it gets darker in colour as it finishes) add spices if you would like.


While it was cooking

mmm stir fry
 Wyatt and I spent some time in the classroom again this evening having fun painting, colouring, cutting and reading. I know I say it all the time but I LOVE my classroom! I got some prep work done for his next letter lesson which is the letter L. He already knows it really well so it will be an easy week :) We are really starting to use the Raising Rock stars program more which is from 1+1+1=1. I will try to remember to get some pics next week of some of the activities he is doing.

Wyatt would cut all day if I let him
It is shedding season for my shepherd right now and it is driving me crazy! I went out and brushed her today and I can't believe how much hair I got out of her. I love the furminator. My back yard looks like I shaved the dog (Which I have thought of .. lol).

Some of the hair I brushed out of Bonnie today

I have an exciting day tomorrow and I will post all about it tomorrow night with pics :)



No comments: