Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thanksgiving lap book

Thanksgiving is this weekend so last weekend I had some friends come over and we made some fun Thanksgiving lap books. These ideas came from all over and I just pieced different ideas together to make this lap book. We had fun making it and the kids were happy to take them home. Wy is still too young to really get into it so I made his and we will use it next year for sure!







On the cover I have a happy thanksgiving picture. Inside I have...
- a Thanksgiving matching game - I printed out double of 6 theme pictures so the kids can match them. I also wrote the letters T H A N K S G I V I N G on the back of the cards so older children can try to spell out Thanksgiving.
- I did a Thanksgiving words flip chart - The kids got to glue the pictures in it that match the word written on the bottom of each flip page. 
- there is a sequence game - it is 6 pictures to a pumpkin pie, so step one is a pumpkin seed, then a sprout and so on until you get to the pumpkin pie.
- I made a colouring book and they can colour the pictures inside. I got this online, printed it out and stapled it together. I have the book attached with brads so I can take it out for colouring.
- on the right I have a pumpkin muffin recipe. The idea that day was to make the muffins so the kids could take them home with them but we ran out of time.

I will try to get some pictures of the actual cards inside the pockets and I have to add the links to the blogs/sites where I printed of my pages.

No comments: